Hi all,
Be forewarned. This post is coming to you all from a sleep-deprived Mom of two girls... one who is a very strong-minded 3 year old, the other a 4 week old.
Abi is a great girl most of the time. In the past week or so, she has been a bit whiny and needy at times. She is whining about the weird things... not being able to go somewhere. Let me explain that a little... To make a long story shorter, my father-in-law has our car so we have just our van. No big deal and kind of has been nice for me! :) So when Greg is teaching or has somewhere else to be, we are stuck at the house. Again, I haven't found it to be a challenge really. There are plenty of things around here to do (aside from laundry, dishes, and other normal domestic duties there are TONS of books, toys, and the great outdoors to explore). Anyway, Abi has been whimpering when Greg leaves. She has mastered the art of the fakiest sounding cry in the world as well. With downcast eyes and a bit of a pouty lip (along with the quiet whimper) "Now we can't go anywhere." I say, "Not today. We have lots we can do her..." See list above. "But we can't go to the library." or "We can't go to the bookstore." or "We can't go to the mall." etc, etc. It doesn't matter that we weren't going to go anyway. :)
Some might say that the whining and neediness would be due to jealousy with Mikayla. I am not convinced that it is... it might be that partly, I'm sure. She has to wait "a minute" for us to change Mikayla's diaper before going outside or so I can finish feeding her or she can't kiss or love Mikayla every moment she wants to because something else is going on. But I think some of it is simply because she is 3. Since Abi never really entered the terrible two's, are we in for the tortuous three's?
As for the 4 week old, she has done her baracuda baby impression for the past couple of days. When she is awake, she is happy as long as she is either being held upright or in any position where she is allowed to eat or pretend to be eating. :) She has been refusing to stay asleep in the bouncer, the swing, the pack-n-play, or even on a blanket on the floor. As I am typing this, Mikayla is asleep across my arms. I would think that wouldn't be the most comfortable place to sleep... my arms are bouncing some. That doesn't even mention that Abi is twisting around on the couch next to me making the snooze even more bumpy for Mikayla!
So the whole point of this entry is to point out how little control I have over my days... It's all up to my girls and Greg. For the record, I don't want these ramblings to be construed as complaining... I am truly very fortunate to have two healthy beautiful girls with strong minds. It is just sometimes very frustrating for the Mommy!
Well, I think that is enough rambling for the time being...
G'night all... 2 hours until Greg gets home. Maybe then
No comments:
Post a Comment