Hi again,
It's Friday night (I think)... and what am I choosing to do with that time? Update the blog of course! I have had some 'blogs' written in my mind over the past week... I'm not sure they will all make it to this post or not. We'll see. :)
Last Friday we had a mini-adventure of our own here in the Jaros household. Note that I said "mini-adventure"... because "adventure" sometimes implies fun and excitement. Ours can only be inclusive of excitement (not necessarily the good kind, either). For those that are unaware of how we get rid of our household wastes, we have a septic tank. Yep! That's note-worthy information right? Anyway, about 3pm last Friday afternoon I was being domestic and running the dishwasher... and needed to flush the toilet... then went into the kitchen to see water in my sink. "Hmmm... that's different." I thought. So I called down my trusty husband... He tried to snake the pipes leading out of our house to no avail. He then called Drainmasters to see about the diagnosis and fees associated with treating it... If any of you weren't paying attention to the details I wrote earlier... It's now after 3pm on a Friday afternoon... and plumbers (typically, at least) charge time and a half for any work beyond 5pm on Friday. So the options are to A) pay out an arm and a leg for service quickly or B) wait until Monday while using minimal water. We opted for option B. Afterall, a few days of not doing laundry or dishes doesn't exactly depress me much! If only that meant they also didn't accumulate... Oh well, can't have it all. Thanks to my lovely in-laws municipal water supply, we were all able to stay clean and odor-free. :) Abi would have been near devastated if she had to go 3 full days without a bath or shower! She'd be willing to take 2 a day if we allowed it.
Back to the plumber, they were very nice and efficient. Also, notice I didn't say cheap. :) Even at waiting until Monday, we paid out a hand (rather than an arm). That's okay though... We have water that goes where it supposed to and doesn't try to come back up our kitchen sink. A rather important detail I believe.
Hmm... also this week, Greg was super sweet and took care of Mikayla overnight on Tuesday because I was SO tired. He gave her a bottle that I prepared and I managed to get 5 hours of sleep strung all together! It felt great to be able to sleep, but apparently that told my body that I now had some time to get sick. :( Wednesday, Abi and I did a crafting thing in Clinton... basically she got to make a mess with a few other kids. She had a great time, so that's all that mattered really. After that all of us took a short drive to Verona Beach State Park where we played at the water's edge. Being as it wasn't beach season yet, we had the entire beach to ourselves! :) Of course, we weren't able to go swimming as the water temp was a little less than desirable and there were no lifeguards on duty, but Abi had a great time nonetheless. After the beach, the girls and I dropped Greg off at work and I started to notice I was having a little bit more of a persistent pain in my throat. Refused to believe it was what it was though... {I'm a bit stubborn. Thanks Mom and Dad!} So took Abi for her swim class while Mikayla stayed with Grandma Jaros... got out of swimming and felt like a bus had run me over! My neck hurt. My head hurt. My throat hurt. Went to pick up Mikayla then to pick up Greg from work... Got home. Took a hot shower in hopes it would relax my neck muscles. Crawled into bed. Again, Greg, aka my knight in shining armor, took care of getting Abi into bed and was up with Mikayla when needed overnight. Grrr!!! I HATE being sick. I am not good at it and I am a terrible patient!! But I have to say that I've managed, so far, to escape with just having a sore throat for a few days and now a runny nose... maybe that means I'll be alright. {knock on wood}. Thinking of the positive side of things, look at how many antibodies I'm giving Mikayla! Such a good Mom, right?!
Next topic... Well, I may have run out of topics for the moment. I'm sure that there is something super important I must share with all of you, but it'll have to wait for another day.
Hope everyone is well!
I promise I'll post more pictures soon.
G'night!
No comments:
Post a Comment