
Oh my how time has flown by, still... It is beyond my belief that my 'baby' has turned 5. She has completely embraced being 5 saying things like...
"Mommy, remember back when I was 4 and..."
"Now that I am 5..."
She really has become such a mature young lady in the past couple of months... at times. :-) Sometimes she does things that reminds me that she is still a little girl.
She had her 5 year appointment last week and remains in the 75% for height and weight. Her height being 44 inches and weight being 42.7 pounds. She was fine during the appointment... showing off her knowledge... ABC's, counting to 100 (thankfully she didn't actually do that, just agreed she could), stating the street and town she lives on/in, her phone number... but when it came to the vaccinations. WOW! She became a hysterical, out of control, screaming 5 year old. Never in her previous vaccinations has she ever done that. It was Awful! :( Of course, Mikayla was in the room at the time and being as I was holding Abi down while the 2 nurses did their thing... all I could do was speak (loudly so that Mikayla could hear me) to Mikayla and tell her that Abi was okay. It was harder to see the large tears forming in Mikayla's eyes in concern for Abi than it was to hold Abi down. Of course, 10 seconds after it was done, life went on... no worries, no pain, like it never happened!I came home to tell Greg he gets the next one. He just agreed and knew better than to question me. :)
Abi turning 5 had another milestone as well... She finally had her first friend birthday party. I have managed to avoid it up to this point... and while that may sound bad, I just don't think she needed to have a party up until now.... not because she didn't deserve it, but she didn't miss them. :)

She invited 4 friends (one from Sunday school, one from pre-school, and one she knows from each of our jobs). We decided on a cooking themed party. The girls each made a fruit kabob, their own pizza, and decorated their own cupcakes. It was SO cute to watch the kids interact. It was really interesting being as none of the kids knew each other before the party, but I think all had a nice time. I know Abi did. :)
We also celebrated that night with Grandma and Papa Jaros as well as Aunt Stacy and Uncle Jimmy. Abi had fun showing off her fancy new clothes, dress up clothes, and was really anxious to cook with her new Easy Bake oven.

Mikayla keeps changing everyday and has developed some new talents of her own... she is becoming a much better hider in Hide-n-Seek. She occasionally will run and hide when it's time for a diaper change or nap. Speaking of diapers, we brought up the potty seat about a month ago and Mikayla has tried it out a couple of times. Although she seems to prefer the regular toilet... which is fine for me as I don't have to deal with the potty seat contents. :) She has gone a couple of times like a big girl, but we are still a long ways from fully trained. I suspect when the weather gets nicer, we will try a little harder... she isn't even 2 yet, so no need to rush her. :)
Mikayla's vocabulary has expanded more too... and her favorite thing to do is READ. She got a couple of books from my brother and family the last time we were home "Blue Hat, Green Hat" by Sandra Boynton and "Polar Bear, Polar Bear" by Eric Carle... She can read those books over and over and over and over... The words are so repetitive too that Abi has been able to 'read' them to her. It is SO special to see them interact and bond. I hope that love and admiration remains for a lifetime.
"Mommy, remember back when I was 4 and..."
"Now that I am 5..."
She really has become such a mature young lady in the past couple of months... at times. :-) Sometimes she does things that reminds me that she is still a little girl.
She had her 5 year appointment last week and remains in the 75% for height and weight. Her height being 44 inches and weight being 42.7 pounds. She was fine during the appointment... showing off her knowledge... ABC's, counting to 100 (thankfully she didn't actually do that, just agreed she could), stating the street and town she lives on/in, her phone number... but when it came to the vaccinations. WOW! She became a hysterical, out of control, screaming 5 year old. Never in her previous vaccinations has she ever done that. It was Awful! :( Of course, Mikayla was in the room at the time and being as I was holding Abi down while the 2 nurses did their thing... all I could do was speak (loudly so that Mikayla could hear me) to Mikayla and tell her that Abi was okay. It was harder to see the large tears forming in Mikayla's eyes in concern for Abi than it was to hold Abi down. Of course, 10 seconds after it was done, life went on... no worries, no pain, like it never happened!
Abi turning 5 had another milestone as well... She finally had her first friend birthday party. I have managed to avoid it up to this point... and while that may sound bad, I just don't think she needed to have a party up until now.... not because she didn't deserve it, but she didn't miss them. :)

She invited 4 friends (one from Sunday school, one from pre-school, and one she knows from each of our jobs). We decided on a cooking themed party. The girls each made a fruit kabob, their own pizza, and decorated their own cupcakes. It was SO cute to watch the kids interact. It was really interesting being as none of the kids knew each other before the party, but I think all had a nice time. I know Abi did. :)
We also celebrated that night with Grandma and Papa Jaros as well as Aunt Stacy and Uncle Jimmy. Abi had fun showing off her fancy new clothes, dress up clothes, and was really anxious to cook with her new Easy Bake oven.

Mikayla keeps changing everyday and has developed some new talents of her own... she is becoming a much better hider in Hide-n-Seek. She occasionally will run and hide when it's time for a diaper change or nap. Speaking of diapers, we brought up the potty seat about a month ago and Mikayla has tried it out a couple of times. Although she seems to prefer the regular toilet... which is fine for me as I don't have to deal with the potty seat contents. :) She has gone a couple of times like a big girl, but we are still a long ways from fully trained. I suspect when the weather gets nicer, we will try a little harder... she isn't even 2 yet, so no need to rush her. :)
Mikayla's vocabulary has expanded more too... and her favorite thing to do is READ. She got a couple of books from my brother and family the last time we were home "Blue Hat, Green Hat" by Sandra Boynton and "Polar Bear, Polar Bear" by Eric Carle... She can read those books over and over and over and over... The words are so repetitive too that Abi has been able to 'read' them to her. It is SO special to see them interact and bond. I hope that love and admiration remains for a lifetime.
No comments:
Post a Comment