Monday, July 16, 2007

Boilermaker

For those not from this area or who haven't heard us talk about the Boilermaker... here are some pictures to illustrate what it is.

The Boilermaker is the nation's largest 15K road race. This year there were 12,000 runners, I believe. You can check out http://www.uticaboilermaker.com/ for more information and details. While I am certainly not a runner, Boilermaker weekend is still fun. On Saturday, the day before the Big race, they have an 8K walk. This year, Greg, Uncle Gordie, Abi, and I walked it. Anybody want to come join us next year?

Our spectators... :)

Bev and I (along with many others) handing out water & ice to the runners... We are at mile number 6 or so.

Jim heading to Abi for a much-deserved drink of water.

Look at the cups on the ground... an indication of how much water/ice handed out. (& this is only one water station)

It was a fun weekend, all in all. If anyone is interested in walking or running the race next year, we'd be happy to provide a place to sleep, transportation, and moral support! :) Oh, and for those that like beer, the runners get free Saranac beer after the race. Personally, I can't imagine running more than 9 miles and find that beer would taste good, but what do I know? I certainly haven't run 9 miles before!

Enjoy the week!

Angie

1 comment:

Brian said...

I hope someday we will make it out for the Boilermaker. I did notice you made changes to your blog!
Have a great weekend!